WorkshopsExpress Forums Google Docs Sharing and Collaborating – Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 368 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

How can you use the sharing and collaborating functions to engage students in learning or enhance your practice?

rmmcgowan45
    Participant

Students could share documents with each other when working on group projects or assignments, or collaborate with one another when conducting research. Additionally, teachers can share resources such as worksheets, curriculum and lesson plans, PDFs, and more with one another so that he or she could use the document in their room as well.

mdougherty9
    Participant

We can share a single doc and all brainstorm on it, creating a community of thinkers.

atracz
    Participant

Student can use sharing to get feedback from other students and to promote open communication when working on project.

scleva
    Participant

Students can use the chat feature to have conferences with teachers or other students while working in a document to discuss real time changes and revisions.

dzhang2
    Participant

I can use the sharing functions to share a document, set permission for different shares as needed

scleva
    Participant

I would use the chat feature for student to student peer revising and teacher to student conferencing to discuss real time changes. This work could be done in or out of the classroom.

athenasevastos
    Participant

We can all become creative thinkers if we simply use this document to put all of our ideas together.
    This would be the ultimate collaboration amongst the students. Students are now able to use the same document and I’ll add ideas to it easily. They can all review it at the same time or a different times and circle it around.

coachschlappich
    Participant

Google Docs Sharing and Collaborating will allow me to give students feedback and correction in a much more user friendly format.

jtufano1012
    Participant

The comments function is a good tool to engaged students to make sure they are responsive to your comments. It’s a good way to keep track of student feedback and to make sure they are on track.

jdifava
    Participant

Students can work together collaboratively editing a google doc in live time. Projects and collaborative HW assignments can be done together.

dinben127
    Participant

Sharing and collaborating functions can be used to get feedback in real time from their peers and instructor.

epalmieri23
    Participant

Sharing features allows for students to collaborate, share work, and provide feedback. It also allows for the teacher to give immediate feedback.

bobbyelm17
    Participant

Students could collaborate by sharing documents, comments and even sending editing and suggestion statements in real time by way of the chat feature. I can also decide whether or not I want students to be able to comment, edit or just view depending on the documents I send them.
    Students can brainstorm on a project or do a group homework assignment together and share comments , suggestions and edits with each other.

BKHaddy97
    Participant

In the past, I have experienced the cons of group projects before Google Classroom existed. It was very difficult to get together in person with group members or communicate if not all members had an iPhone. The sharing functions allow ONE major platform for work to be completed on. This enhances learning by providing a resource for students to be able to succeed collaboratively.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 368 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.