WorkshopsExpress Forums Google Earth and Expeditions Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 274 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Google earth is an amazing way to keep students engaged virtually. During a time of social distancing this tool allows myvstudents to take virtual trips and make a real world connection

Melissa Lisath
    Participant

Google earth is a fun tool for children to use especially with its 3D feature.

Lauren Colon
    Participant

Being able to go on a voyage that has videos, text, and maps of what you want students to research is great for differentiated instruction

Agata Gruszka-Jansen
    Participant

Google Earth helps students to visualize the world. Students can learn about geography and other countries by using Google Earth.

Janet Canales
    Participant

The 3D scrolling and close view of locations is an exciting feature for students and can trigger their curiosity. Students can use Google Earth in many ways. It is very interesting to see places they are learning about. The geography and landscaping is so interesting. Visual learners will really appreciate these tools.Google Earth is great for Social Studies teachers.

Janet Canales
    Participant

Google Earth makes Geography come to life.Students can explore New york State Parks and historic landmarks right from their desk.Google Earth can bring students to your lesson where ever it is located. In essence it shows students The Real World. The 3 Dimensional features of Google Earth will be very appealing to students.

Janet Canales
    Participant

Google Earth is a good way to engage students because it is a good way for students to explore areas on the Earth by observing real pictures and images of the place.On Google Earth students are able to see a 3D image of the world. They can explore different locations and go on a voyage. You can take a virtual tour anywhere in the world.

Janet Canales
    Participant

Google earth allows students to explore different parts of the world while using realistic 3D illustrations and graphics.Google Earth is an extremely engaging tool for students to use to explore various locations throughout the world. Social Studies class could be greatly enhanced by allowing students to find various landmarks and research them.Google earth allows students to explore different ares of the world.

Janet Canales
    Participant

I can use it in SS so students can take a virtual tour of areas we are studying.I can use it in SS so students can take a virtual tour of areas we are studying.Students can observe and study places they may never seen in reality. They can also see different perspectives of the same place.Students can observe and study places they may never seen in reality. They can also see different perspectives of the same place.

Blerina Bacelli
    Participant

Google earth is very engaging for the students. You could tell them to check out a location that you are teaching. It is very exciting that they are able to see a location and learn about it. Great tool.

Patrick Snell
    Participant

Google Earth allows students to engage in places that many would never be able to see. They can view them in 3d expeditions and up close in street view. I also like to add a group of places and “fly” from place to place and compare similarities and differences.

Ludmila Steinberger
    Participant

Kids are able to see things in 3D and they are more engaged and involved because of the captivating images.

desilva
    Participant

The possibilities are endless, but you could easily integrate a Google expedition as a means of enhancing lesson content with references to real-world locations.

Catherine Cognetta
    Participant

I didn’t know about the voyager option but I think it’s really cool and will be great when starting a new novel or story to provide setting/background information. I’m definitely going to check this out.

Kanyarat Weiser
    Participant

Google earth can be a great tool for science. However, I really think having google earth with Math can be a very great idea for elementary school teacher to teach measurement, currency or even operations. Students at the young ages will be able to travel using google earth to any places around the world to compare distance, learn about the converting in distance, money. Google earth is a great project that teacher across subjects and come up with the inter curriculum for students to learn in a better meaning and real life situation. Teens can use google earth for research. Students will enjoy using google earth since it is real times and real geographically of the earth. Seeing picture from google earth is more exciting than just pictures.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 274 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.