WorkshopsExpress Forums Google Earth and Expeditions Discussion

Viewing 11 posts - 271 through 281 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Google Earth could be a useful tool when teaching about geography whether that be in a social studies or science classroom.
    Google Earth seems to be very engaging for students because it provides detail and multi dimensional images of geography and locations around the world.

Osvaldo Mendez
    Participant

it allows you to take virtual fieldtrips.

Deena O’Connor
    Participant

The 3D scrolling and in close view of locations is an exciting tool to use that can motivate students to participate in a project, activity, or assignment

diane Malanga
    Participant

They can actually see the places they are learning about. It is an exciting and engaging tool.

BIMAL NAIR
    Participant

I can use Google earth to show airport layout and match it with diagrams. Also finding and identifying navigational network equipment.

Ayodele Legemah
    Participant

Google Earth is and engaging and interactive tool that allows students to view 3d images of the earth. I have used it during a unit about our community. I was able to show students where we were located on the earth. I was able to zoom in on our and and town. I then used street view to look at real images of buildings in our town.

Alyssa Magagna
    Participant

Google Earth can be used for students to view the world around them. It gives them the opportunity to see things in 3-D, a way in which they may have never been able to see otherwise.

Evelyn Goldberg
    Participant

You can take virtual trips around the world. To be able to see different places around the world.

Michael Mirabella
    Participant

Google Earth is a good way to engage students because it is a good way for students to explore areas on the Earth by observing real pictures and images of the place.

Jenna Morgenstern
    Participant

Google Earth and Google Expeditions both engage students by allowing them to take control of their own learning in a visually appealing way. Students can use their curiosity to drive their learning and feel as if they are truly in the location they are studying.

Silkia Melendez
    Participant

During SS students can go into deeper understanding of locations and if you are a visual learner even more

Viewing 11 posts - 271 through 281 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.