WorkshopsExpress Forums Google Sheets Ad-Ons Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As a teacher, I can use the add-on “Split Names” to help organize and sort students by first and last name. This helps to keep track of kids alphabetically and by class period. It’s a quick and easy tool to split the data that is already inputted. I can also use the add-on “Remove Duplicates” to make sure that I have not unnecessarily repeated any data. This might be student names, or another piece of data, depending on the purpose of the Google Sheet. Add-ons are meant to save time and make the work more efficient, which will ultimately increase productivity for teachers.

For students, add-ons can also be useful. With the add-on “Doctopus” it allows for the easy sharing of files. This is convenient for kids who can access the files in a central location and edit or upload their work as needed. It will share resources automatically which is both convenient and time-saving, and thus increases productivity for everyone involved.

I appreciate that certain add-ons allow for better organization on both the student and teacher end.

Rosanna Sferrazza
    Participant

Split Names and remove duplicates can help with a school wide email list.

Tayaba Khattak
    Participant

Great for grading assignments and having students names listed.

ELISA GIULIANI
    Participant

I can use split names and remove duplicates for my roster and grading lists. I just learned this now.

Rubi Miyachi
    Participant

Removing duplicates helps.

Christina English
    Participant

The add ons could be used to create individual folders for each student.

CLAUDIA Cuellar Torrico
    Participant

Add-ons are great to organize the sheets and other add-ons help students to start, work, edit, and finish their work. They also facilitate the dissemination of classwork.

Shasta Lockwood
    Participant

Split Names and Remove Duplicates will save a lot of time.

Heather Fisco
    Participant

Using add-ons is a great tool to distribute class materials to students because they can easily share documents, should students misplace their paper copies. Add-ons can assist students in utilizing executive functioning skills (i.e. organization of materials).

Emily Banach
    Participant

The add-on Doctapus is a great tool that will allow for the students to view and complete assignments in Google Sheets that the teacher can sent directly to their email. Students will always know exactly what the assignments are and when they are due.

Emily Banach
    Participant

Using the Doctopus in Google Sheets is a great way for teachers to assign work and send it directly to the students via email. The students will know what the assignment is and exactly when it is due.

Suzanne Lucera
    Participant

The add on for google sheets is a great way to organize class information. I can list all of my students alphabetically, sort within classes, remove duplicates, and student grades can be tracked easily

Kaitlyn Koenig
    Participant

The split names and remove duplicate add-ons will be very useful for creating gradebooks!

Megan Kowalczyk
    Participant

Doctopus would be a great way to share lessons and plans between colleagues. Paper materials often become timely to copy and disorganized, but sharing them digitally is instant.

Tiana Millen
    Participant

Add ons, such as Flubaroo, can be used tos hare scores with students easily and review results for the whole class.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 306 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.