WorkshopsExpress Forums YouTube Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 289 total)
  • Author
    Participant

With YouTube you can upload your own videos or search for one and present it to your students that goes along with the lesson you are teaching.

Megan Kowalczyk
    Participant

My students are so motivated by videos, especially those with engaging footage.

Tiana Millen
    Participant

YouTube can be used to show videos to students. It can used as a resource for students when they are doing their homework. You can also use YouTube to create videos for staff or students as a resource.

Teressa Wilkes
    Participant

Youtube provides a platform where students can view or create videos. Teachers can find appropriate videos and student can use captions, change playback speed and hear another voice or be exposed to another platform of learning

Teressa Wilkes
    Participant

Youtube gives audio and visual component and sometimes captions are available. The playback speed and ability to rewind, watch on any smart device tablet or computer gives flexibility and accessibility for students and teachers.The listening and visual component helps special populations like ELL’s an SWD.

Teressa Wilkes
    Participant

I embed YouTube videos in my Google presentation Slides. I love the caption feature and playback speed feature. I like it in Edpuzzle because kids are asked questions and view the video.

Teressa Wilkes
    Participant

YouTube is a way to differentiate for diverse learners. It’s a great resource that engages students. Students can interact and leave comments or make their own video. It’s an alternative form of expression.

Amanda Tartaglia
    Participant

Youtube is a fantastic resource for teaching and learning.

CLAUDIA Cuellar Torrico
    Participant

Teachers can use it by creating related playlists, sharing specific videos, or by creating and uploading content.

Amanda Guszack
    Participant

The short video clips are great to get students interested and engage the kids in their learning.

Nicole Yorgensen
    Participant

Videos and technology can enhance instruction, they can assist in “breaking up” the lesson especially if it is a rich or dense topic.

Videos can serve as great overview or review for students about a particular topic, event, individual, etc.

Videos can also be useful for students who were absent from class – watching the video cannot recapture or replicate the class lesson, but it can introduce, overview, or, review parts of the lesson.

Osvaldo Mendez
    Participant

Videos can be used to enhance instruction. They serve as a form of differentiation for students. Students who tend to be more visual learners will more likely have success with this type of lesson enhancement.

Deena O’Connor
    Participant

YouTube collects many videos. Students are interested in watch videos and motivated. Contents of videos can help students understanding

diane Malanga
    Participant

You can assign videos by topic. They are a great way to have students engaged in learning if they like what they see. It can be used to support or replace written text.

Ayodele Legemah
    Participant

YouTube has a variety of videos on a variety of topics that I use to incorporate in my lesson plans. I also use videos on YouTube for brain breaks to get students out if their seats and moving.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 289 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.