WorkshopsExpress Forums Google Docs Lesson Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 379 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Creating a lesson with Google Docs and having the students complete it online engages them in learning by allowing them flexibility and agency in their individual learning.

Xiomary Bond
    Participant

It will allow the students to see comments made by another and have instant discussions about the work.

Cari-Ann Graziano-Goldberg
    Participant

Google docs allows me to create interactive documents that enhance the learning experience. Students are able to complete their work within my education document and I can quickly provide feedback.

Timothy Via
    Participant

This is particularly useful right now when I am doing a lot of asynchronous virtual instruction. The students can complete work on their own time, and I can come into their document and give them feedback. I see this as potentially very engaging.

Dean Corette
    Participant

It will allow students to be able to interact with one another without having to be in the same classroom. It will also give students the ability to be more productive with their work.

Amee E Levy
    Participant

Google Docs allows students to complete a document independently on their own time. It is also nice because it allows the teacher and student to work 1:1 on assignments.

Lynn Fuschillo
    Participant

Teaching students to use google docs successfully increases knowledge and confidence and gives them a sense of independence and a chance for expanded creativity.

Amanda Jaggernauth
    Participant

This will engage in student learning because it will be fully interactive by all students for the teacher to see. They all must enter their own information to collaborate with their peers. This also allows all students to communicate with each other.

Johanny Tapia
    Participant

It keeps them sharp and focused on the material

Karen Katz
    Participant

The challenges from the assignments will keep the students engaged. The students need to be kept informed and aware of the new technology. Everyday, there is new technology to be learned.

Sandra Antoniello
    Participant

This will engage in student learning because it will be fully interactive by all students. They all must enter in their own information simultaneously to collaborate with their peers. It allows for all students to communicate with each other.

Mary Mathai
    Participant

Students value the feedback that they receive from their teachers and fellow students.

Lauren Colon
    Participant

It gives students another modality to use besides pen and paper. Taking notes can be daunting to some students so creating a lesson to be completed on a Google Doc can give students independence

Gyasi Daniel
    Participant

Google Docs can be used to train students in using new technologies and procedures to express themselves, ideas, etc. The advantage of using a digital service is to allow for quicker, “cleaner” delivery and sharing, and as Google is one of the largest internet providers proficiency will serve the students for a long time.

Elbatoul Ali
    Participant

This feature allows the teacher to create assignments at home and then share with the students giving more flexibility for everyone to complete work at their own pace. I could see this being especially useful for sick days. In addition this allows the teacher to create customized review work rather than simply photocopying materials out of a workbook for students. Customized work gives more differentiation options for students and also gives the teacher the flexibility to focus more on the topics they deem most essential in a format with multiple visual formats and styles

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 379 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.