WorkshopsExpress Forums YouTube Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

How can you use YouTube to engage students in learning?

rmmcgowan45
    Participant

Students are motivated by videos and technology, and many are familiar with using the website/application.

dzhang2
    Participant

YouTube collects many videos. Students are interested in watch videos and motivated. Contents of videos can help students understanding

athenasevastos
    Participant

YouTube can help students research a particular topic they do not understand and listen to instructional videos to gain a better understanding.

jdifava
    Participant

Using YouTube I can create my own playlist to share with my students. Videos can be a great way to enhance learning for all students.

jtufano1012
    Participant

YouTube is a good way to engage students because it is a way to show visuals and engage students through pictures and songs to enhance a lesson.

epalmieri23
    Participant

Students can watch engaging videos as well as create their own videos to upload for their classmates.

coachschlappich
    Participant

YouTube videos are a great way to motivate student learning. My students can watch videos which I select for them, or create their own videos. It is extremely easy to use.

BKHaddy97
    Participant

YouTube is a popular source. It has a variety of videos that can enhance learning. For instance, if students are reading the novel The Contender, a teacher can pull up a Harlem 1960s video on YouTube to display the setting and time period prior to reading the novel.

alyssa.cerasulo
    Participant

I can create a playlist of topic specific videos to utilize during lessons

osullivan.kaitlin
    Participant

Most students at any age range know about or have used youtube themselves. In this day and age children are highly connected to the internet and enjoy watching videos. Using youtube is a great way to grab their attention while also allowing them to “learn” from something/someone other than their teacher.

leolatouche
    Participant

I can use Youtube to show students what the skills we are learning in PE class look like. For example I can bring up a basketball dribbling video during our basketball unit.

drallisondavis
    Participant

I can send students videos about cell structure and function to help them imagine what is happening at the cellular level.

ezbet5
    Participant

Youtube is a great tool for students to learn with. In the younger grades, showing a video or a cartoon of the topic, always makes the students happier and more motivated to learn. Students also learn by making their own videos.

ezbet5
    Participant

You can assign videos about any topic and just by watching the videos, they will have an understanding of what the topic is. A great tool for any age student.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.