WorkshopsExpress Forums Google Docs Ad-Ons Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 370 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I like to use Lucidchart to create flow charts and processes for students to follow and also to teach students to use this to create their own visuals to demonstrate relationships. Table of Contents allows for easier and more streamlined use of longer documents.

Richard Brown iv
    Participant

Translate is helpful with ELL’s. Lucid Charts can clarify work using graphics and the table of contents feature is great for outlines.

Tayaba Khattak
    Participant

using the translate add on is useful for ELL learners.

Monica Salazar-Austin
    Participant

The Table of Contents add on can be used to create an outline on a Google Doc with links for each subsection to quickly take the student to that part of the document or page. Students will be able to determine importance and engage with the parts of the assignment that need work.
    Paperpile is another helpful add-on. When researching and then writing, students can use Paperpile to keep track of references and add them into a Google Doc. This add-on will help with citations and can be modified to the format required for the assignment. This will help students to be efficient, though it’s still important for them to learn how to write citations independently.
    As a teacher, Lucid Chart is another great add-on. This allows for the creation of graphic organizers, which can be used across many different subject areas. Kids can keep track of main idea using boxes and bullets in nonfiction, organize notes in t-charts or flow charts when reading about a Social Studies topic, reflect on the main characters’ traits and feelings in webs, and so forth. This will make it easier as a teacher to provide students with the tools that help to scaffold instruction.

David Johnson
    Participant

I could create a rubric for students to use when submitting papers and assignments.

David Johnson
    Participant

I like to use Google translate for students with students who are English language learners.

Rosanna Sferrazza
    Participant

Adding multiple images and being able to “wrap text” for a review or an overview for an exam can be helpful for my students.

CLAUDIA Cuellar Torrico
    Participant

In upper grades, citations are a very important part of the writing process. With ad-ons that help to cite properly, students can increase their quality of work.

Christina English
    Participant

I can use the diagrams add on to create graphic organizers to access student understanding.

Emily Banach
    Participant

After doing a quick search of Ad-Ons I was able to find one called Text Themes. This Ad-On uses different emojis and images to spice up worksheets and instructional pages I present to the students. Students may find this entertaining and motivate them to get their work complete.

Shasta Lockwood
    Participant

I can use the Translate add-on to assist my EL students.

Suzanne Lucera
    Participant

I would be able to use the gMath to create equations for worksheets/tests/projects. I also like the Lucichart to create a flow chart of steps for my students to use.

Heather Fisco
    Participant

gMath is an incredible tool that could assist students with mathematical computations. It aims to help students learn Mathematics in an interactive way and develop a deeper understanding of the subject.

Kaitlyn Koenig
    Participant

I was very excited to learn about the Paperpile extension in order to help students quickly insert citations into the text, in whatever style is required. This add-on could be very useful after students have learned how to cite on their own.

Lauren Crane
    Participant

I am excited to give LucidChart a try! I have spent countless hours hand drawing or trying to copy and paste into documents to make diagrams. This is a huge time saver!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 370 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.