WorkshopsExpress Forums Google Docs Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 400 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

How can you use Google Docs to engage your students in learning or enhance your productivity?

rmmcgowan45
    Participant

I can create my own worksheets using tables that I can create / design right on the doc. I can also copy and paste images into my doc and add text as well. Additionally, I could also link other web pages to the doc and share it with my students so that they can use the Internet to complete an activity.

scleva
    Participant

Students can easily conduct research using the Explore tool in google docs. They are able to find credible sources, cite them easily and take ownership over their work.

atracz
    Participant

Preparing interactive worksheets for students.

dzhang2
    Participant

I can create worksheet for student, insert table, pictures, and links to websites

athenasevastos
    Participant

I really like the idea of being able to create interactive worksheets. Students who are shy and who would not normally work together in the classroom would be able to virtually work together. There are many students who are ELL’s in the classroom or in barest of speaking to one another. This is a great way for those students in particular to be able to collaborate with their peers and not have the fear of embarrassment and be able to complete their assignment at the same time.

coachschlappich
    Participant

I can create interactive worksheets which will be much more user friendly than giving them a paper worksheet or handout. Plus Google Docs gives me the ability to attach many helpful links directly into worksheet.

jdifava
    Participant

Google docs allows me to create assignments for students. I can interact with student assignments and give feedback as they work.

jtufano1012
    Participant

Google docs is a helpful tool when creating class assignments to share with a class. Google docs makes it streamlined so that all of your links and charts can be found in one place.

dinben127
    Participant

Interactive worksheets will be a great way to help support students on the spectrum who are often socially awkward try to communicate with one another.

epalmieri23
    Participant

It can be used to create interactive worksheets as well as assessments.

hjkaminer1977
    Participant

This is very helpful when we need to create different worksheets to help individual students needs.

Dtrendy1
    Participant

Google Docs is really engaging and interactive especially for multilingual learners. It is amazing how the documents can be translated into a multitude of languages. I love how there is a section on speaker notes so that maybe if a student has a difficult time writing he or she can speak their assignment into the speaker box. It lends itself to all learners insuring differentiation of instruction.

bobbyelm17
    Participant

I can creative interactive worksheets for my music students. I can create tables for the families of instruments where they can identify instruments. I can create quizzes for my music theory classes. The best feature for me is the translation option. I have a large population of ELL students who speak a wide variety of languages. I love how you can create a link to automatically translate the text.

yasiel2006
    Participant

Google docs allows me to create assignments for students. I can interact with student assignments and give feedback as they work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 400 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.