WorkshopsExpress Forums Google Docs Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 418 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Being able to create an assignment for students and provide them with the interactive components while directing them to material. This also helps them focus their attention to the assignment at hand.

Mary Mathai
    Participant

Students can independently explore topics assigned for research using the explore tool. This provides them with a sense of ownership

Gyasi Daniel
    Participant

Students can use Google Docs to engage with the schoolwork, teachers and classmates. The tools are very easy to use for editing and sharing. One option that helps foster learning is the comment section, which has been used to clarify assignments and work on a 1-on-1 basis.

Lauren Colon
    Participant

Creating interactive worksheets is a great tool. Being able to embed websites right into the document, have them type right into the document, and being able to provide feedback is key for learners, especially through remote instruction

Christine Homolka
    Participant

Google docs can enhance my students learning, by allowing me to provided activities for them using resources that I want them to look and use to answer questions that I might have provided for them.

I can also link google slides anchor charts that we would have already done in class in one central document. This will make it easier and less over whelming for children In the younger grades.

Elbatoul Ali
    Participant

can create my own worksheets using tables that I can create / design right on the doc. I can also copy and paste images into my doc and add text as well. Additionally, I could also link other web pages to the doc and share it with my students so that they can use the Internet to complete an activity.

Victoria Capeci
    Participant

The worksheets allow students to interact with content: they can fill in tables andlink to external websites. The docs are great because you’re not limited to text. You can easily integrate images.

Sandy Dugan
    Participant

It’s a great way to create a word doc that’s interactive so students can input responses right on the worksheet.

BIMAL NAIR
    Participant

I can give them worksheets and interactive sheets for the hard to teach lessons. Graphs and tables that relate to data analysis are easier to show and understand.

Katherine Driscoll
    Participant

Google docs enables me to feature materials that enable direct student participation, which can more closely replicate the interactive style of in-class learning.

Aqualyn Jones
    Participant

I can use Google docs to create charts, handouts, or documents that connect to my lesson. One feature I’d love to use is the translate feature, specifically for my Spanish-speaking students.

Yuh Fen Lee
    Participant

I can give feedback or comments while they’re working on the assignment. Also, students are able to have more creativity in their work.

Kanyarat Weiser
    Participant

Google docs is excellent. I can see my self use it when I want students to write their feedback in the lesson as the exit slip everyday for my math class. It is also good when I am able to inset all the website for students who need more help on lesson to be able to self study if needed it. The speaking option rather than typing is really good for students with special needed. The assignments such as class work and practice is easy to create. I love google docs.

Janet Canales
    Participant

Google docs starts as untitled. I can create my own worksheets using tabs that I create and design right on the doc. I can also copy and paste images on the doc. I can link other web pages to the doc. Students can easily conduct research using the explore tool in Google docs. I can make interactive worksheets which are more user friendly than a handout. I can create interactive worksheets to support students on the spectrum. Goggle docs is also really engaging and interacting for multilingual learners. It can be translated into a multitude of laguages.

Janet Canales
    Participant

Goggle docs, particularly in ELA classes provides a record of edits and revisions. Teachers can oversee the changes students make. With Google docs student work is auto saved and they can pull up their own file anywhere there is an internet connection.The teacher can grade it anywhere without have to lug papers around. Goggle docs is a great tool for differentiation and a great way to create interactive assignments. Google docs can create a wide array of worksheets for all subjects ELA to math.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 418 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.