WorkshopsExpress Forums Google Docs Lesson Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 368 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

How can creating a lesson with Google Docs and having the students complete it online engage them in learning?

rmmcgowan45
    Participant

Allowing students to use google docs, and technology in general as a tool, can help them feel empowered, as well as highly motivated.

atracz
    Participant

It give an opportunity to work one-on-one with students.

dzhang2
    Participant

it’s very helpful. student and work on assignment online and submit the work.

scleva
    Participant

Using google docs online allows for independence and is generally more interesting than working with a pen and paper. As a teacher, this creates another opportunity to check for understanding.

athenasevastos
    Participant

This will engage in student learning because it will be fully interactive by all students. They all must enter in their own information simultaneously to collaborate with their peers. It allows for all students to communicate with each other.

coachschlappich
    Participant

As long as the students complete the task within the time frame given by the teacher, the students will be able to complete the assignment at their own pace, possibly outside of the classroom. It is also much more engaging than sitting behind a desk and being handed a paper copy to complete.

jdifava
    Participant

I can create a map assignment for social studies and insert text boxes for students to complete. I can keep all of the assignments on one google doc page with separate headings.

jtufano1012
    Participant

Creating a google doc online will engage students in learning by allowing them to complete a document in their own time. This allows students to work when they are ready and will allow them time to concentrate and focus.

dinben127
    Participant

It will engage them to know that It can be viewed by their peers and teacher and receive immediate feedback.

epalmieri23
    Participant

Students will be highly engaged as they create document online and submit it. Their classmates as well as teacher can view it and provide immediate feedback.

bobbyelm17
    Participant

I can create assignments where students identify things in a chart (e.g. instruments of the orchestra, composers, chords for music theory). I can set it so students can’t edit but they can copy into their own google docs, fill in the answers and share with me so I can grade it. All done with no paper!

BKHaddy97
    Participant

This can be engaging on snow days or days there is a sub. It acts as if the teacher is there and is completely created by the teacher tailored to their students.

pzimmer24
    Participant

This feature allows the teacher to create assignments at home and then share with the students giving more flexibility for everyone to complete work at their own pace. I could see this being especially useful for sick days. In addition this allows the teacher to create customized review work rather than simply photocopying materials out of a workbook for students. Customized work gives more differentiation options for students and also gives the teacher the flexibility to focus more on the topics they deem most essential in a format with multiple visual formats and styles.

alyssa.cerasulo
    Participant

Allowing students to use google docs let them take responsibility for their work and gain a sense of independence.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 368 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.