WorkshopsExpress Forums Google Docs Sharing and Collaborating – Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 406 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Having the ability to collaborate on a document makes it easier for everyone to work together. The comment and suggestion features allow you to give feedback and give an opportunity for change rather than deleting someone’s work.

Tiana Millen
    Participant

Sharing documents allows students to collaborate on group work and projects. It also gives students the opportunity to engage in peer review with ease.

Megan Kowalczyk
    Participant

This allows for students to still work on group projects even when working remotely. I have found that students really enjoy collaborative projects.

Danielle Mangione
    Participant

Students can work in a group and share docs, I can post resources and share feedback both teacher -student or a peer review

Ermira Nezaj
    Participant

You can use Google Docs Sharing and Collaborating to work in real-time with your coworkers. You can make changes to the document, comment, or chat at the same time with each other about the document. When you share the document with them you can decide which of your coworkers have the right to edit or just view the document. When you are checking your students’ work you can always suggest or comment. On the top right side of the screen, you can find your comments and see if your students considered your feedback.

Nicole Yorgensen
    Participant

Google Docs can be shared to more than one person/student including but not limited to groups of individuals. Google docs allows for the owner/creator of the document to oversee who is contributing to the document task either by making edits, raising questions, or providing feedback. I think that Google Docs is a great teambuilding and networking tool for both young adult and adult learners. Features of google docs allow not just the creator/owner but others who the document has been shared with to edit, alter, add, modify the document. Google docs could be very useful for brainstorming activities but also notetaking.

Osvaldo Mendez
    Participant

Sharing allows for people to collaborate with each other in different spaces. You do not need to have the person there to do the work and thought partner.

Jenna Morgenstern
    Participant

By suggesting edits on a Google Doc, students can engage with teacher feedback in real time. Students can comment on the suggestion should they have questions, accept the edit or decline. By providing choice and the ability to communicate with their teacher, students are likely to feel less isolated and more supported in their work.

diane Malanga
    Participant

A single doc can be used as a brainstorming activity to bring all ideas together and discuss. You can also use a shared doc for group work on collaborative tasks. For independent work, teachers can provide real time feedback as a student is working.

Bret Boylan
    Participant

Student can use sharing to get feedback from other students and to promote open communication when working on project.

Kimberly Priest
    Participant

I teach students to use the sharing tool so they can work collaboratively on writing assignments or graphic organizers
    I also like sharing for working with my co teachers on planning a unit

Kimberly Priest
    Participant

I want to try the suggesting edits tool as some educators have mentioned and as seen in the video

Maria Francella
    Participant

This sharing and collaborating feature will be a useful tool while working with colleagues on a collaborative project, ie. updating admission documents for various departments.

Ayodele Legemah
    Participant

Google doc sharing can allow students to collaborate on ideas and do group assignments without them being in the same physical space. Often students would complain that they could not meet with a partner after school and did not have ample time to work together in class.

Jamilee Villamarin
    Participant

I can use the sharing and collaborating functions to engage students in learning by using the feature to have conferences with other students while working in a document to discuss real time changes and revisions.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 406 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.