WorkshopsExpress Forums Google Sheets Ad-Ons Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

How can you use add-ons in Google Sheets to engage students in learning or increase your productivity?

rmmcgowan45
    Participant

I could use google add-ons to help me sort students names in a spreadsheet, separating them by first and last name.

dzhang2
    Participant

I could use add-ons to create folders for each students in the class. I could also use add-ons to distribute course materials to every student

athenasevastos
    Participant

Using add ons is a great tool to distribute class materials to students. Often times students tend to lose important handouts. This tool allows the students to go back and print the handouts at anytime. It can also serve a a great source of review material before a big exam.

coachschlappich
    Participant

The Split Names Add-on will save a lot of time when I create my roster. I typically cut and paste the class lists from another document, and then manually separate first and last names so I can alphabetize the students. Split Names should cut that time in half.

dinben127
    Participant

I did not realize you can split names and remove duplicates. This will help to organize the data I receive on my students and in turn increase productivity.

jdifava
    Participant

I can use google sheets to create a class roster or my own individual grade book.

jtufano1012
    Participant

Students can add and share files with the Add-On technique. This enables students to create files, make copies and edit right in the document that was created for them.

epalmieri23
    Participant

I could use Google sheets to create folders for each student in the class. I could also use it to organize class lists, rosters, and data more efficiently.

BKHaddy97
    Participant

Add-ons such as Translate can provide the translation of words for my ESL/ELL student population. This way, the information or text is more accessible.

alyssa.cerasulo
    Participant

I could use add ons to create folders for each student.

osullivan.kaitlin
    Participant

Using an add on can help the students to stay organized and keep track of materials distributed by the teacher.

leolatouche
    Participant

Add-ons in Sheets allows me to create folders for each of my students and also allows me to distribute materials to my students quickly and efficiently.

drallisondavis
    Participant

Split names and remove duplicates are add-ons that I didn’t know existed. I can use split names so that I can alphabetize rosters after I import them from another program. Remove duplicates will help for when students complete a google form twice and I end up with more than one entry per student.

mhatswell
    Participant

doctopus will be great for sharing assignments and resources automatically

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.