WorkshopsExpress Forums Google Sheets Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 332 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Google Sheets can be used to engage students by assigning them to keep track of their assignments and to average out their test scores. GS can enhance my productivity by keeping track of the students’s assignments, grades and other pertinent information.

Christina Krasnyuk
    Participant

Google sheets can be used for organization in many ways. It can help the teacher organize grades, track how many times a student gets met with, and translate progress into numerical data, just to name a few things.

Jodie Keating
    Participant

Google Sheets is an excellent source for students to compile data and create customizable charts that are also transferrable to word, slides or other word documents. In essence it is a great precursor to Excel and some programming!

Michelle Martin
    Participant

I can use Google Sheets to organize data collection on each students, such as their assessments, and use tables and graphs to demonstrate growth and progress throughout the year.

Leah Comparetto
    Participant

Google sheets allows me to collect data on my students and collaborate with my principal and classroom teachers on this data. It’s a great way to act as a spreadsheet that organizes all of the students information and comparing students and their reading levels in order to create grouping for reading instruction.

Stephanie Contreras
    Participant

We can use Google Sheets to tract data from science experiences and then use the data to create graphs to analyze.

Hope Barter
    Participant

Sheets provides a great, east way for teachers and students to manipulate, store, and analyze data. Teachers can use this tool to track, monitor, and look for trends in student data. Students can use this app to track data for experiments and projects and create graphs and presentations.

Richard Brown iv
    Participant

Students can collect and analyze grade-wide data sets from class experiments. We can calculate averages and identify outliers with conditional formatting.

Laura Baldwin
    Participant

Google Sheets is a great way to stay organized. I would use this to track data for our math program.

Hong Chung
    Participant

Even though we are language class, I am sure there are units that could incorporate Google Sheets in the presentation. At least, now I can guide my students to Google Sheets.

Monica Salazar-Austin
    Participant

Google Sheets can enhance my productivity when grading and assessing students. It’s a clear way to organize student grades and to keep track of student progress. I can keep track of specific assignments, subject areas, and more.

For example, there can be tabs for different subjects, then each sheet can have the students listed and the grades received. I can use conditional formatting to easily sort students according to “on grade level”, “above grade level”, “slightly below grade level”, etc. I can also use formulas to find the average (of a project or an end of term grade).

When analyzing data in the classroom, Google Sheets will also allow for graphs to be made. This can assist when looking at trends across classes or grade levels.

Rosanna Sferrazza
    Participant

Google Sheets is great for grading and report card purposes!

Tayaba Khattak
    Participant

Great for using to organize. Students can use it for collecting data for surveys.

ELISA GIULIANI
    Participant

I can utilize google sheets to keep myself organized with assessments and student grading.

Rubi Miyachi
    Participant

Google Sheets allow me to organize my students’ data.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 332 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.