WorkshopsExpress Forums YouTube Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Youtube is a great way to keep student engaged and great source of visual.

Kirsten Anderson
    Participant

I am a SpEd teacher and many of my students respond better to information presented in different ways. Youtube would allow me to share ideas and information in a format that may be more intriguing to them.

DESHAUNDA WILSON
    Participant

YouTube can help students research a particular topic they do not understand and listen to instructional videos to gain a better understanding.YouTube is a popular source. It has a variety of videos that can enhance learning. For instance, if students are reading the novel The Contender, a teacher can pull up a Harlem 1960s video on YouTube to display the setting and time period prior to reading the novel.

Ashvin Jaishankar
    Participant

A list of videos can be nicely put together to help students learn visually with a range of video types – instructional videos to in-depth content. They might also be motivated to make their own videos on this topic as a project for the lesson.

Crista Joseph
    Participant

Videos can be used as an intervention to help support struggling students.

Darryl Williams
    Participant

Assign videos to the students. YouTube has such a large library of videos that you can find almost anything there for them.

Marlee Wood
    Participant

By adding videos to lesson plans, it gives students visuals that assist with comprehension.

Weedaad ORourke
    Participant

Using videos as a scaffold to the curricula or as an end product ex, Vlog, etc, not only helps provide access to the curricula but also increases student engagement.

Christina Krasnyuk
    Participant

Youtube is a great way to show students videos of just about anything and get them even more engaged in learning than books would. Visuals and interactives are always great additions to grab students’ interest and engagement, at any age.

Heather Slagsvol
    Participant

Many students are already familiar with YouTube, so it is a great way to engage them in learning. Videos can be chosen based on current areas of study and students can watch them and gain more of an understanding of the topic.

Jodie Keating
    Participant

Youtube is a source of constant engagement for students through video search and most are already equipped with a basic knowledge of it. They can practically learn any skill or topic on Youtube.

Amanda Allen
    Participant

YouTube is a great tool that can be used to engage students through audio visual learning. There are tons of resources already created on youtube that I can sort into a playlist and then share with my students when learning about a particular topic. Students also have the opportunity to create a video to showcase their learning and then upload it to a playlist. I can use this as an assessment opportunity or as an opportunity for students to create and inform their classmates of their knowledge.

Michelle Martin
    Participant

Students love technology and videos. Creating a playlist filled with informative videos to go along with the unit of study would be highly motivating for them.

Leah Comparetto
    Participant

YouTube is a great way to provide visuals to students and build background knowledge. I can use National Geographic to teach my students about different animals and places in the world before diving into a story on that topic. I can also show my students Pixar clips through YouTube to tie in a certain comprehension skill to a book we are reading.

Jillian Ra
    Participant

You tube can be used as a motivational tool at the beginning of a lesson, in the middle of a lesson to show specific content, or as a culmination to unit. Students are highly engaged in videos and are more likely to be intrigued when using you tube as a learning tool. I can also post content for students to view on their own chrome- book or for homework that reviews what I taught in school that day.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 284 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.