WorkshopsExpress Forums YouTube Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I love using youtube especially for the Astronomy unit. I really the NASA videos with all of the new expeditions that are currently happening. I will usually use a short video, less than 5 minutes, for the students to watch and we discuss their opinions about it. It gets them really excited about space travel.

Hope Barter
    Participant

You can create playlists of videos that you have produced or videos that you have assembled. You can also embed videos in slides and lessons, turn on closed captioning for greater access, and differentiate tasks with different readings/videos. Students may be able to move through content at their own pace through tools like Nearpod/Peardeck with embedded videos.

Richard Brown iv
    Participant

There are many engaging videos on youtube that can help to engage students and stir conversation in the classroom. You can play them for the whole class share links or even create playlists of videos to share.

Laura Baldwin
    Participant

YouTube is a great resource. Especially working remotely. It is a way to engage your students and the variety of topics is wonderful.

reev41
    Participant

YouTube is a very popular resource that can be used in the classroom. It can be a very useful tool to use to engage students. Students and teachers have access to many different topic that can enhance students understanding and motivation on a variety of topics.

Hong Chung
    Participant

It allows a great amount of resources available instantly to students, which will make them engaged and motivated to learn. It also helps students who are visual learners.

Rosanna Sferrazza
    Participant

Students like to listen to lessons in different ways, You Tube helps them stay engaged.

Monica Salazar-Austin
    Participant

YouTube videos are a great way to engage students in learning. You can embed YouTube videos in your Google slideshow lessons and then invite discussion after. This appeals to different learning styles. You can also share videos with students on Google Classroom that help with daily assignments or research. This engages students both auditorily and visually. (Plus, it motivates them to learn even more!)

Tayaba Khattak
    Participant

CAn find videos based on the lessons. For examples, read aloud books on topics that are with the standard and lesson.

Rubi Miyachi
    Participant

Youtube is a great learning tool. Having an image and sounds really helps when I teach different kinds of music.

ELISA GIULIANI
    Participant

I have included videos in a google slide assignment as well as adding videos to view to assignments in google class page. Here I didn’t know you can set up a playlist and assign to students.

Christina English
    Participant

You can use You Tube by adding a link to Slides or Form or Docs.

Heather Fisco
    Participant

Youtube can be used a a research-based tool. It can also be a tool to assist visual learners in understanding and learning about certain topics.

Kaitlyn Koenig
    Participant

Teachers can use YouTube to engage students by finding educational videos to share or assign to students. This is a great way to provide differentiated instruction as some students learn better with videos. YouTube can also be used for flipped classrooms.

Suzanne Lucera
    Participant

Students tend to engage when watching videos. It will help them understand the topic and keep their attention rather than daydreaming

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 284 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.