New York State Infection Control Training Certification Course
Do you need to take the NYS Infection Control Course?
All dentists, dental hygienists, licensed practical nurses, optometrists, podiatrists, registered nurses, physicians, physician assistants, and specialist assistants must complete this NY State infection control course every four years according to Section 6505-b of the Education Law in New York. You must attest to having completed this requirement to the New York State Education Department on your first licensure/registration application and at every subsequent registration.
Who Needs to Take the NY State Infection Control Course Online?
All dentists, dental hygienists, licensed practical nurses, optometrists, podiatrists, registered nurses, physicians, physician assistants, and specialist assistants must complete this workshop every four years according to Section 6505-b of the Education Law. You must attest to having completed this requirement to the State Education Department on your first licensure/registration application and at every subsequent registration.
All physicians, physician assistants, and specialist assistants must complete course work or training in accordance with Chapter 786 of the Laws of 1992 at the time of their initial licensure/registration and every four years thereafter. You must attest compliance to the State Education Department at the time of each registration.
Looking For The Best New York Infection Control Training Course?
Workshop Express Has You Covered!
Immediate Download of Your Infection Control Certification!
- WorkshopsExpress offers immediate access to your certificate online! Your certificate will be available for download upon completion of the course.
- WorkshopsExpress is the website of Education Workers Group an approved provider of the State Education Department of New York
- If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to Click Here to contact WorkshopsExpress
Fast & Easy
No speakers, headphones, plug-ins or printer needed. Get certificate immediately.
Our online ordering process is 100% secure. Your personal information will not be shared with anyone.
Yes! All of our online courses are state approved under our parent company Education Workers Group.
Group Continuing Education Accounts
Searching for discounted rates for group Continuing Education? Whatever your continuing education needs, WorkshopsExpress.com offers a substantial savings off our basic rate to help make the most of your time and budget.
Have a question? Your company has direct access to a designated Account Manager. Students with questions also have access to our customer experience team via phone, live chat and email inquiry.
Order Infection Control Online Workshop for Your Group
Just put the number of people in your group in the field below and click “Order Courses” button.
What You Will Learn By Taking the NY State Infection Control Course
For individuals who take infectious disease control training in New York, there are a number of important goals that need to be achieved by the time the training ends. The goal is that those individuals taking the course will be able to:
- Recognize the benefit to patients and healthcare workers of adhering to scientifically accepted principles and practices of infection prevention and control
- Recognize the professional’s responsibility to adhere to scientifically accepted infection prevention and control practices and the consequences of failing to comply
- Recognize the professional’s responsibility to monitor infection prevention and control practices of those medical and ancillary personnel for whom he or she is responsible
- Describe how pathogenic organisms are spread in healthcare settings
- Identify the factors which influence the outcome of an exposure to pathogenic organisms in healthcare settings
- Describe how infection control concepts are applied in professional practice.
- Define healthcare-associated disease transmission, engineering controls, safe injection practices, and work practice controls
- Describe specific high-risk practices and procedures that increase the opportunity for healthcare worker and patient exposure to potentially infectious material
- Describe specific measures to prevent transmission of blood-borne pathogens from patient to patient, healthcare worker to patient, and patient to healthcare worker
- Describe the circumstances that require the use of barriers and personal protective equipment to prevent patient or healthcare worker contact with infectious material
- Identify specific barriers or personal protective equipment for patient and healthcare worker protection from exposure to potentially infectious material
If you work in a range of healthcare, medical, and wellness industries, you may be required by law to take the NY State infection control course and maintain certification every four years. The law “applies to the following professions: physicians, physician assistants, specialist assistants, optometrists, podiatrists, dentists, dental hygienists, registered professional nurses, licensed practical nurses, medical students, medical residents, and physician assistant students” (NYS Department of Health). To comply with these requirements, workers in these areas can take specific training courses and earn specialized infectious disease certification that is valid in New York State.
NY State Infection Control Course
- Those who work in the health care industry, in any capacity, have a responsibility to the general public to be well educated and prepared to deal with whatever comes their way. With proper training and constant education and hands on learning our health care professionals can ensure they are providing the best possible care to their patients. If you have questions about the NY State infection control course and how to get certified or what you need to do to secure recertification, feel free to contact us today.
We would love the opportunity to talk with you and assist you with your needs. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are standing by so do not put it off for another day- get your NY State infection control course done today!
Who needs Infection Control Certification in NY?
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports, that there are three critical efforts to prevent the spread of incestuous diseases are as follows: 1) prevent infections related to surgery and related medical care, 2) prevent spread of bacteria between patients, and 3) improve antibiotic use and early treatments. To this end, it is essential that those in the health industry and who deal with the medical care of patients know what they can and should do to control the spread of infection diseases. To help with this the state of New York has certification and training that is required for those who need to know about infectious disease control. This specialized infection control certification in NY will ensure you are prepared for any situation that you may encounter.
- “All dentists, dental hygienists, licensed practical nurses, optometrists, podiatrists, and registered nurses must complete course work or training appropriate to their practice regarding infection control and barrier precautions, including engineering and work controls to prevent the transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and the hepatitis b virus (HBV) in the course of professional practice, every four years according to Section 6505-b of the Education Law” (NYSED.org). All physicians, physician assistants, and specialist assistants must complete course work or training in order to maintain their certification and keep legal requirements up to date. It is up to the individual to ensure all certifications are attained and properly renewed and maintained. The infection control certification in NY is an important part of the puzzle that is community health and infection disease control and eradication.
Medical Care is Essential
- Hospitals and healthcare professionals today are using the CDC’s recommendations as guiding principles to improve patient care, reduce liability and protect hospital revenue. The infection control certification in NY that many are attaining is designed to help improve the educational background and foundation for health care providers. “Infection Control—from simple hand washing to high-level disinfection of surgical instruments—is an essential component of any health care delivery. Implementing these measures can prevent transmission of disease in health care settings and the community. New York State law requires that all health care providers—including physicians, medical residents and medical students—receive training on infection control and barrier precautions every four years. Legislation passed in 1992 established a requirement that certain health care professionals must receive training on infection control and barrier precautions every four years upon renewal of their license” (MSSNY).
Get Your NYS Infection Control Certificate The Same Day!
The Top 5 Reasons You Should Take the NYS Infection Control Course
There are five key reasons why you need to take the NYS infection control course either online or at a face to face workshop:
- “Employers have a duty of care to their healthcare workers and need to provide suitable and sufficient instruction, information and training. This is to ensure that the workforce are competent to carry out the activities of their role. The employer also has to ensure that healthcare workers remain competent by providing refresher training at appropriate intervals. Prevention of infections is the common primary aim of healthcare workers, regardless of which service they work in. Healthcare workers need an understanding of how infections occur, how different micro-organisms spread, and the role they play in preventing the transmission of pathogenic microorganisms. In addition, all healthcare workers need to be aware of the national regulatory or statutory requirements in order to meet the expected standards, demonstrating to service users that they are continually working towards ensuring that high standards of care are delivered” (QCS).
Preparation for real world events
- Getting training and certification with the NYS infection control course will go a long way in preparing you for real world events and situations. In the medical and health care field, you will find yourself dealing with infection disease and the training you receive will prepare you for those vents so you are better able to handle them.
Up to date knowledge and information
- The training you get from these courses is specifically designed to give you access to t host up to date information available. Your knowledge and understanding of infection disease and how to prevent them, control them, and treat them will be improve with a better understanding of the recent studies, discoveries, treatments, and breakthroughs!
Tools and resources unavailable to others
- The education professionals who offer the NYS infection control course and workshop training are giving you access to new resources and tools that others will not have access to. You will also be able to network and from impactful and vital connections to others within your niche and the medical field in general.
Convenient options for completion
- Another reason you need to get signed up for the NYS infection control course is that you have convenient options for completing the training. You can choose to take the course and log hours online with virtual training courses and testing. You can also opt to take the training courses in a face to face setting with an educational professional.
Better options and opportunities for the future
The final reason why you need to get your training and recertification is that doing so opens the door for better advancement and a brighter future in your field.
Get Your NYS Infection Control Certificate The Same Day!
The Best New York State Infection Control Course for Nurses
As part of Section 6505-b of the Education Law, all licensed practical nurses and registered nurses must complete training regarding infection control and barrier precautions when getting their license from the state, and every four years thereafter.
- The schedule of a nurse is anything but easy! But if the state requires an infection control certification for registered nurses and licensed practical nurses, how can you find a course that you can take on your own time?
- Often, the best option for an approved New York State infection control course for nurses is one that is offered online, so whether you have time at the office or home (or even on the bus!), you can easily meet the state’s requirements.
- Online infection control certifications for nurses can be taken from any device, and the certificate of completion can be downloaded and emailed as necessary.
The NYS approved infection control course for nurses from Workshops Express gives you that flexibility, along with taking this course at your own pace and completing it without being rushed.
Approved by New York for Nurses
- Workshop Express’ infection control certification course for nurses is approved by the New York State Department of Health. The material covered in this course is essential to maintaining safe professional and personal habits to prevent infection transmission. Both registered nurses and licensed practical nurses will apply their knowledge and understanding of preventing infection transmission through the course’s reading materials and exam.
What is Included in the Curriculum?
Here are the topics that are covered in the curriculum of the NYS infection control course for nurses.
- Adhering to the scientifically approved principles for infection controls.
- Modes of transmission of pathogenic organisms within healthcare environments.
- Using proper work practices and engineering methodologies to reduce the exposure to infectious materials.
- Usage of PPE and other equipment to refrain from coming into contact with infectious materials.
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment to deliver patient care.
- Management and prevention of communicable or infectious diseases among healthcare workers.
- Sepsis awareness.
Get Your NYS Infection Control Certificate The Same Day!
How Long is NYS Infection Control Certification Good For?
- The NYS infection control certification is valid for a duration of four years. However, you need to provide proof of the certification for six years in the case that your license is audited as stated by NYS requirements.
Validity of the NYS Infection Control Certification
- It is crucial for dental hygienists, dentists, optometrists, physicians, licensed practical nurses, registered nurses, and podiatrists to complete the required course and obtain practical experience needed for infection control and prevention. With the information presented in the training, individuals will be able to use prevention methods in daily professional practice.
How to Obtain or Renew Your NYS Infection Control Certification?
- If you want to obtain your NYS infection control certification or renew it, you are provided with numerous resources and options. Workshops Express is the best online platform available for you to get this certification. The platform provides you with the opportunity to reference the course from the comfort of your home and receive your certification immediately after completion. You can also take this course at your own pace and complete it without being rushed.
Why should you obtain NYS Infection Control Certification from WorkshopsExpress?
- There are several reasons why professional practitioners should acquire the NYS Infection control certification. Here are the most prominent reasons:
Approved by New York
- The NYS infection control certification course is approved by the New York State Department of Health. The certification is required by New York for those professionals practicing and working in the healthcare industry. The material covered in this course is essential to maintaining safe professional and personal habits to prevent infection transmission.
Obtaining the certification is a formal way to demonstrate expertise and understanding of disease prevention and infection. The NYS Infection control certification is a widely recognized and accepted standard within the healthcare industry. By acquiring this certification, fines and other disciplinary action will be avoided. Failure to earn and maintain this certification can result in potential fines and citations.
- The material offered throughout the course is diverse and catered to individuals across different professions within the healthcare industry. For example, registered nurses, physicians, dentists, podiatrists, dental hygienists, physician assistants, and even medical students will all be able to understand and apply this information to their specific profession. The core concepts presented throughout the course are applicable and easy to comprehend.
The training you receive from this certification is specifically designed to provide a vast amount of information preparing you for a variety of situations. The knowledge and understanding of preventing infection transmission will lead you to become more competitive in your designated position within the healthcare field.
Quick and Convenient
- Completing the NYS infection control certification course on our platform is the most convenient method available for you to get the certification. You will be able to complete the course within two hours and receive your certification upon a passing score of at least 70% or higher. Finish the course in multiple sessions completing it at your leisure. At Workshops Express, we understand you are a busy professional and need flexibility while completing this course.
- You can access NYS infection control certification coursework from any device that can be connected to the internet. For example, you can take the course and obtain your certification from your mobile phone. You can also receive comprehensive access to the course materials and other learning aids available.
Get Your NYS Infection Control Certificate The Same Day!