Who Needs To Take the NYS Child Abuse Prevention Workshop?
Who needs to take the NYS Child Abuse Prevention Workshop?
Children are suffering from a hidden epidemic of child abuse and neglect. And it is not something that is going to go away if we continue to ignore it- the problem is going to continue to grow and worsen which is why we need child abuse prevention training and awareness. Just how bad is the issue of child abuse in the United States? According to these statistics from ChildHelp, the picture is pretty grim indeed:
- Every year more than 3.6 million referrals are made to child abuse prevention agencies involving more than 6.6 million children (a referral can include multiple children).
- The United States has one of the worst records among industrialized nations – losing on average between four and seven children every day to child abuse and neglect.
- Every ten seconds a report of child abuse is made.
- Individuals who reported six or more adverse childhood experiences had an average life expectancy two decades shorter than those who reported none.
- Ischemic heart disease (IHD), Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), liver disease and other health-related quality of life issues are tied to child abuse.
- In one study, 80% of 21-year-olds who reported childhood abuse met the criteria for at least one psychological disorder.
With statistics like this it is easy to see why child abuse training is critical! Being able to see the warning sings, identifying abuse, and knowing what to do when abuse has happened can make the lives of children better and can keep them safe! But who should get this specialized training and prevention instruction?
Benefits to Everyone
While it is true that everyone can benefit from knowing the signs of child abuse and everyone who knows abuse is occurring needs to report it, there are those individuals who need even more precise training and instructions. These are the individuals this training course has been designed for. The individuals commonly required to undergo child abuse prevention training include:
- Doctors, nurses, and medical personnel
- Teachers, assistants and others in the education department
- Police, fire fighter, first responders, and the like
- Day care workers, bus drivers, and caretakers
- Church workers, school volunteers, anyone working with children
- Any individual who is considered a mandatory reporter
- Any member of the community who wants to take the course
Get Child Abuse Prevention Training in NYS Today
We are facing a growing epidemic of child abuse, child neglect, and child exploitation. This problem will not correct itself. It is going to take more people watchful, and reporting issues of abuse. Child abuse training programs like this one are designed to educate the public and to help create a safer environment for children. Sign up for the child abuse prevention training in NYS today and do your part to protect our children. Register now!
Ready to Start?
At Workshops Express, we believe there is a better way to take your required continuing education workshops.